Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Blog 7!!

Hello!

    I searched for high schools that have teacher websites and Dale High School popped up. The teachers each have a webpage that is active or used to be active during the peak of COVID-19. The information that I was able to find on their websites included lesson plans, syllabi, daily schedules, student resources for in-class, photo albums, and information about the teacher. Some teachers even had portals that students could submit their homework in. As well as a place to find all the events or important information from the school as a whole. For example, information about prom or graduation.

    I envision myself using technology to share resources with my students and colleagues. I will also use it for communication purposes. An example of this is Canvas announcements. I will also use technology within my lesson plans to try to steer away from the typical lecturing and note-taking to help my students understand the material better. Some specific teacher productivity tools I will use include Grammarly, Google Drive, and Online Stopwatch. These tools will help with communication, sharing, and timing out specific parts of the day.

    My experience with PB Works wasn't the best. This is because I didn't really enjoy the platform, especially for group work. At first, it was pretty confusing to get started. Then only one person could edit a page at a time so we couldn't all work on the evaluation form or the write-up on the front page. Then the program was down for the weekend it was due, but when it came back up it reverted back to what it was like before the program went down. I did like that once we got a hang of how it worked, it was much easier to use and navigate. For my future K-12 students I could use a wiki to spark creativity in the classroom/lesson plan and make the students feel like they are in control of their learning. A lesson plan I would like to use it for is maybe describing a specific topic.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog 9!!

       Hello! So far this semester distance learning has been much more manageable than my previous semesters at FSU. I have actually been p...