Sunday, March 13, 2022

Blog 8!!

    Hello! I think I definitely acquired technology skills when creating my website. Skills such as embedding different items and adding a slide show of pictures. I also learned what looks good and what doesn’t and how to format the website so that it is pleasant to look at. I liked that I was able to be creative while doing an assignment. I also liked the website that we used. I think it was pretty user-friendly. I don’t particularly enjoy how the requirements on the assignment are written out. I wish it was set up as a checklist or something to make it easier to read. This is because it says “everything for a pass and then some”, but I wish everything was laid out instead of saying that. Making things visually appealing will be very important in my future career so I am glad that I am getting that practice in. Website link: Click Here!

    I think Diigo is a very useful tool. I have learned how to bookmark and annotate websites through Diigo. This application would be useful in the classroom when the kids are working on a document as a group or want to share what they find with their classmates. Diigo offers that ability fairly easily. With team members it would be very useful when sharing resources amongst each other. In my individual professional efforts, I think it would be useful because it adds an easier space for me to read and annotate documents and have those annotations saved. This will be very helpful when reading scientific research papers in my career.

    I found Education Technology Insights super helpful in terms of staying aware of technological trends and changes going on within education. There are many articles on this website that are used to keep anyone who is interested updated and in tune with what is going on. All of the authors that I looked at seemed knowledgeable and qualified to be writing articles about the topics that they are writing about. This website is also updated regularly which is very important when trying to stay up to date in the classroom. I would definitely use this website if/whenever I become a teacher so that I can remain in the loop.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog 9!!

       Hello! So far this semester distance learning has been much more manageable than my previous semesters at FSU. I have actually been p...