Saturday, February 19, 2022

Blog 6!!

     I liked using Diigo. I have never used it before so this was my first experience with it. It went pretty smoothly as it was user-friendly in the sense that the layout was very organized and very easy to use. I thought it was easy to view what others in the class had posted as well as make a post myself. I really enjoy the annotation feature. It made it very easy to highlight important phrases as well as make notes with the sticky note feature.

    I have always really enjoyed blogging in classes. For assignments, I blogged while in English class senior year using different vocab words and topics, so this wasn't new to me. I enjoy it because it gives a different take on doing an assignment. I honestly don't feel like I am doing an assignment when I am writing these blogs. Also, the websites I have used have been very organized and easy to use. Whether that is in terms of posting, customizing your blog page, or looking at other classmates' posts.

    An interesting Web 2.0 tool that we have not covered yet and that I would like to incorporate into my classroom is ClassDojo. It is a very easy tool to use in the classroom and has had great success with limiting disruptions in the classroom. The tool allows teachers to connect with parents very easily through messaging, pictures, videos, and more. It also allows the students to contact the teacher. It also is used to update the student's behavior. Students are able to look at the assignments that are due and contact the teacher if needed. Students can also post pictures and videos to their profile which gives them a voice. I believe ClassDojo is an important tool to introduce to the classroom. Link: https://www.classdojo.com/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog 9!!

       Hello! So far this semester distance learning has been much more manageable than my previous semesters at FSU. I have actually been p...